[pmwiki-users] xmlrpc and userauth/authuser

Chris Stiles chris.stiles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:33:59 CST 2007

Hi --

I'm attempting to use the XMLRPC plugin with authentication of some
form.  I noticed that the documentation stated that UserAuth was
supported, so I set this up and made sure I could log in first for
editting purposes.

When I then access the XMLRPC plugin with w.bloggar.  I get the error:

"Invalid username and password"

I tried adding the xmlrpc_all attribute to the username entry, but
that didn't seem to do much (i was extrapolating from how AuthUser
works).

Okay.  Then I decided to swap in AuthUser instead to see if this might
work.  I added the following line to my config

$HandleAuth['xmlrpc'] ='edit';

and was able to 'login' to the point where I could query the interface
pull down a list of 'blogs'/groups and retrieve past posts.  However,
if i try to modify something or create a new page I get "Permission
denied to edit page".

I'm guessing in AuthUser's case the authentication happens at the
'wrong time' as far as the xmlrpc plugin is concerned, so I'm not too
unhappy with the second result.  Though it would be nice if it works -
so if anyone knows how to 'solve' this, that would be preferable.

However, I would expect UserAuth to work - so I presume there must be
some vital bit of configuration that I'm missing.  Any ideas?

--
regards, chris