[pmwiki-users] How to present a web site ...

Peter Reuterås reuteras at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:25:55 CST 2007

On 1/21/07, Jan Erik Moström <lists at mostrom.pp.se> wrote:
> I couldn't figure out a good subject line for this email :-)
>
> I've been considering using web site (I'm not sure I want/can
> use it but ...) and there is one thing I would like to do but I
> don't know if it's possible.
>
> Assume a public web site that should have a certain look & feel,
> that is: no edit/history/etc links, just the standard look &
> feel. The ability to edit would be limited to a number of people
> and handled with the usual mechanism. But how do I make the
> pages easily editable for these people, my first idea for how to
> solve this would be to use two skins and change which one to use
> depending if the user has been logged in or not (I don't know if
> this can be done).
>
> Is it possible to do like this? Is there a better way to do it?
> (so far this isn't a real site I'm just looking at various
> alternatives for what can be done)

You could hide/show the edit/history/etc links if the user is
authenticated or not in the skin. Look at the <!--markup:...--> and
<!--wiki:...---> directives on
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SkinTemplates. Then you can use (:if
authid:)what to shown for authenticated users(:ifend:).

This was just my first idea. There are many other ways to do this.

/Peter