[pmwiki-users] Wikiwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jan 21 17:21:32 CST 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:25:13PM +0100, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> Not having wikiwords enabled/used any more by default recalls, to my
> unexperienced mind, a parallel theme: upper and lower cases in urls.
>
> Do we have to expect Group.PageName to became group/pagename by default soon?

Not soon.  I am indeed planning for this -- see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RoadMap -- but there
are a _lot_ of things like this that impact how pages
are being stored and indexed, and we have to have a way
to cleanly migrate existing sites/pages to the new
format, whatever it ends up being.

I'd rather do the conversions all at once as part of
a major upgrade, than to cause repeated headaches for
existing sites.