[pmwiki-users] How to present a web site ...

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jan 22 06:40:10 CST 2007

=?UTF-8?Q?Jan_Erik_Mostr=C3=B6?= =?UTF-8?Q?m?= said...

> Assume a public web site that should have a certain look & feel,
> that is: no edit/history/etc links, just the standard look &
> feel. The ability to edit would be limited to a number of people
> and handled with the usual mechanism. But how do I make the
> pages easily editable for these people, my first idea for how to
> solve this would be to use two skins and change which one to use
> depending if the user has been logged in or not (I don't know if
> this can be done).

I used this last week (in skin.tmpl), thanks to the change in the latest
PmWiki release:

  <!--PageActionFmt-->
  <!--markup:
  (:if auth edit:)
  (:div2 id=wikicmds:)
  (:include {$Group}.PageActions {$SiteGroup}.PageActions:)
  (:div2end:)--><!--/PageActionFmt-->

In the case where there is no obvious place for a menu bar, then I put
one across the top that's only visible to those with appropriate privs..
Something like:

  <!--PageActionFmt-->
  <!--markup:
  (:if auth edit:)
  (:div1 id=menubar:)
  (:div2 id=wikicmds:)
  (:include {$Group}.PageActions {$SiteGroup}.PageActions:)
  (:div2end:)
  (:div1end:)--><!--/PageActionFmt-->
  <!--PageHeaderFmt-->

--