[pmwiki-users] Problem with 2+ inline "input select"s

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 24 07:28:27 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:34:57AM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> I found a problem when trying to have two selectboxes inline, one after
> another, like this:
>
> (:input select name=abc value=1:)(:input select name=abc value=2:)
> (:input select name=cde value=3:)(:input select name=cde value=4:)
>
> On the first line, the "name=abc" is different than the second "name=cde" and
> PmWiki should create two selectboxes. It currently creates one, see:
>
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/InputSelect#comments
>
> Note that it is possible to separate the two markups with a character like
>  .

Yes -- the markup isn't (yet?) smart enough to be able to determine
when one select box ends and the next begins based solely on the
name parameter.  I thought of this at the time I wrote (:input select:),
but I figured the situation wouldn't occur frequently enough to worry
about it.  (Perhaps I'm wrong there. :-)

At any rate, you correctly note that it can be fixed by using  ,
or even the null sequence [==]:

  (:input select name=abc value=1:)(:input select name=abc value=2:)
  [==]
  (:input select name=cde value=3:)(:input select name=cde value=4:)