[pmwiki-users] remote fopen versus curl get?

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:45:31 CST 2007

Does anyone know what this guy is talking about?  New hosting provider...

----
Russ,

Remote fopen is denied in PHP, if that is what the wiki is using. This
prevents almost all of the typical 'hacks' that script kiddies use against
people's php-based software / forums / etc.

Is there a different way that the wiki can fetch that data? If they use a
curl get, it'd work fine. There may be a way to configure it to not use
remote fopen (if that is how it is doing it).

----
Russ Fink wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem on your site with my wiki.  The RSS feeds don't work on the
following page:

http://finalscoretrivia.com/Main/DailyTrivia

Further, the map links don't work on this page:

http://finalscoretrivia.com/MD/Locations

In both cases, my wiki software is trying to go out and fetch data from the
web and populate the form.  Is there some security feature that is set that
is disabling this access?  What is the workaround?

Thanks,
Russ Fink