[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jan 31 10:41:39 CST 2007

The Editor wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Neil Herber (nospam) <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
>> On 2007-01-31 The Editor is rumoured to have said:
>> > For more info and a demo, visit http://www.fast.st/hgtest/index.php.
>> > *******
>>
>> Looks very interesting, but under Firefox 2.0 on Windoze XP Pro the
>> supposed "edit" links are not there. The text says "just double click to
>> edit" but I can't find a target for the double clicking.
>>

> Just double click anywhere on the page...  No links needed.  :)
>
> I love that little snippet someone put into the cookbook... Use it all
> the time.

As neat as it may be, it fails for me under Firefox, but not IE. A bit
of investigation shows that it is the (essential to me) NoScript Firefox
extension that makes it fail. For some reason, the edit script does not
trigger the usual bottom bar notification that scripts on the site are
disabled. Could be frustrating for other using this extension.

If I force NoScript to allow scripts on your site it works as
advertised, but I have no idea why the script fails to trigger the
notification (as it does on *most* other sites).

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/