[pmwiki-users] Hierarchical permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 31 15:20:28 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:58:11PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> The flip side is, you could avoid having to recopy some
> config settings you want to maintain down a chain over other config
> files.  Does that explain what it is doing any better?

See my previous note about being able to use include_once()
to avoid "copying config settings".

> I'm especially hoping for feedback from Pm on which option he would
> prefer, as I'm not sure all the implications of loading multiple
> config pages into a page.

PmWiki already loads multiple config files for a given page.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiCascades .

> PS.  Does anyone recall if PmWiki normally includes both Group.php and
> Group.Name.php into a page when both exist, or just the latter?  Hg
> should probably do the same, shouldn't it?

It includes both, unless Group.Name.php sets $EnablePGCust to zero,
which tells scripts/pgcust.php to stop loading any more
configuration files.