[pmwiki-users] file upload truncates leading underscores in filenames

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Sat Jul 14 00:49:02 CDT 2007

> the wiki upload removes all leading underscores
> in the names of uploaded files.
> If it is a feature, can it be disabled ?  If not, can it be fixed ?

According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin#restrictinguploadedfiles
, it appears to be a feature: "the name must begin and end with a
letter or digit."

While I understand the reason why special characters are not allowed
in some circumstances, I do not see why underscores have to be treated
as special characters, especially in PmWiki page names and in files
uploads.

Does someone have a valid reason to maintain that ?  If not, couldn't
we have the underscore accepted as a regular character, at least in
those two contexts ?

Christophe