[pmwiki-users] AuthorContribution recipe - can someone with some knowledge update this

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:02:31 CDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Mildiner, Melvyn <Melvyn.Mildiner at verint.com> wrote:
> >

> > The AuthorContribution recipe desperately needs more information. Anyone
> out there successfully using this? If so, please share your knowledge with
> the rest of us.
> >

> > http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/AuthorContribution
>
> I forget, now, why I abandoned that recipe and returned to the old version
> -- at
> http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/Authorcontribution-OldVersion
>
> That's the one I still use on all my wikis. It puts the
> contributions-tracking pages in a separate wikigroup called Contributions.
> In my config.php, I exclude that group from typical search-results.

Ah.  Now I recall.  The new version conflicted with requiring an
author name on edits.

I have $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1; in local/config.php, as
instructed on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor, but
once logged in with an edit-enabling password, I was able to save
changes without entering an Author name.

So I reverted to the older version of the Author Contributions recipe,
which created AuthorName pages in a Contributions wikigroup, using the
recipe authorcontribution.php, which was FORMERLY downloadable from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Authorcontribution-OldVersion (it
is more complex than the 4 lines that now appear on that cookbook
page, and I can forward it if anyone would find that useful).