[pmwiki-users] AuthorContribution recipe - can someone with some knowledge update this

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 15 23:46:38 CDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/Authorcontribution-OldVersion
> >
> > That's the one I still use on all my wikis. It puts the
> > contributions-tracking pages in a separate wikigroup called Contributions.
> > In my config.php, I exclude that group from typical search-results.
>
> Ah.  Now I recall.  The new version conflicted with requiring an
> author name on edits.
>
> I have $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1; in local/config.php, as
> instructed on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor, but
> once logged in with an edit-enabling password, I was able to save
> changes without entering an Author name.

This does not happen in my test wiki (running pmwiki-2.2.0-beta57).
$EnablePostAuthorRequired works as advertised there whether the recipe
is enabled or not.

> So I reverted to the older version of the Author Contributions recipe,
> which created AuthorName pages in a Contributions wikigroup, using the
> recipe authorcontribution.php, which was FORMERLY downloadable from
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Authorcontribution-OldVersion (it
> is more complex than the 4 lines that now appear on that cookbook
> page, and I can forward it if anyone would find that useful).

How about uploading it to pmwiki.org as "authorcontrib-old.php"?  Then
it can be attached to the Authorcontribution-OldVersion page.

I updated the recipe to bring it in line with recent PmWiki versions
and make it more configurable.

Hagan