[pmwiki-users] automatic logout ?

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Thu Jul 19 02:37:01 CDT 2007

>> Is there a way to force users to log on again after a specified time,
>> so that their access rights are not left forever (?) on a shared PC if
>> they do not logout ?

> Are you using authuser, or do you simply want the browser to forget
> passwords, or what?

> PHP's default configuration will automatically log someone out after
> 24 minutes of inactivity.  This can be adjusted using the
> session.cookie_lifetime configuration option in PHP:

>  # automatically log browser out after 15 minutes of inactivity
> ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', time() + 15 * 60);

Thanks a lot.

I am using AuthUser.

On the server I tested (Windows 2003, Apache)

ini_get('session.cookie_lifetime') returns nothing.

But when I set the variable with ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime',
12345), then it returns 12345.

In php.ini, it is set to 43200.

As ini_get('session.cookie_lifetime') returns initially nothing,
wouldn't it be safer to include  in the (farm)config.php)
ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', time() +timeout);  ?

Christophe