[pmwiki-users] Wikiforms and templates (Sameer Kumar):pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 59

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Wed Jul 25 18:06:03 CDT 2007

Thanks for your word, John.

In my understanding, if I use a large text field, I then cannot apply
standard wiki markup to format the text within the field. Is that
correct? If so, that would be a major problem.

I have two questions:

1.      Other than ViewTemplate, is there another method that can make
use of the :term:definition markup that the Wikiform creates?
GroupHeader does not seem to work with it, for example.

2.      Can the Wikiform data be saved on a separate Group.Page.table
page which then is '(:include:)-ed'  in the Group.Page? Would that also
be complicated since I am also using the formtitle recipe to not have to
live with the numbered titles?

Looking forward to more ideas! I truly appreciate all your help.

Kumar):pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 59

On Thursday, 26 July 2007 5:00 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com
wrote:

<snip>

>   3. Wikiforms and templates (Sameer Kumar)

><snip>

>Message: 3

>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:26:09 -0400

>From: "Sameer Kumar" <skumar at eharch.com>

>Subject: [pmwiki-users] Wikiforms and templates

>To: <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>

>       <94410484A515964193D7A45931A8F056C706BD at MAIL2006.eharch.com>

>I would like to have a pre-formatted "infobox" (table) at the top of

>every page in one of my groups with some standard information.

>I would liket to have a form where the authors can fill in the fields

>and thereby create a new page. I want the entries to become a part of

>this "infobox" and locate itself on the top of this page. Moreover, I

>then want them to be able to add any text below the infobox like any

>other wikipage after they have provided the standard

>information.

>I have created a form using wikiform where I am successfully getting
the

>input from the authors. For the pre-formatted textbox, I have used a

>ViewTemplate.

>The problem is that the ViewTemplate does not allow any other text
added

>directly to the page to show up.

>Is there a way to use the ViewTemplate for only a part of the

>page?

>Is there another recommended method for achieving what I am

>looking for?

Sameer:

Currently, the wikiforms recipe's form and view templates apply

to the whole page, so it doesn't currently allow you to use a

form to edit part of the page and the regular edit function to

edit the rest. You have a couple of options, I think:

1 using existing functionality, make the last field a type text

  with size (say) 30*80, which will treat the rest of the page

  after your real fields as a textarea, and use a view template

  that omits the last field name, so the text looks like normal

  wiki page text

2 we would have to modify the forms recipe to support something

  like a (:startform:) (:endform:) directive pair, which would

  allow any part of a page to be treated as a form; this could

  be done, I think, but option 1 would be much easier

I am doing something similar at the moment using pmwiki to

write letters. The body of the letter is a big text area, with

opening and closing fields wrapped around it.

Hope this helps.

--

JR

--