[pmwiki-users] PageList Protect is failing

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Jul 26 14:51:48 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 05:46:35PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> But now today it appears that Cluster recipe will not pass the protection
>> for sub groups down thru a trail, where  I have only set
>>
>> /WebContent/GroupAttributes
>>
>> and normally this will protect and hide any explicit
>> link in the side bar for any page in the cluster:
>
> And so it should.  I don't know what would cause it not to.

It works in a regular page list -- the group "WebContent" is hidden until
log in with a password.

  but not in a page list called from a trail page:

> I assume you haven't got other GroupAttributes pages in the cluster.

None, only the matriarch group "WebContent* (see the 4th link below)

I even tried setting the link in the trail to just that top level group:

Site.ActiveProjects

# contains:

* [[VisitorCare.VisitorCalendar | Visitor Care]]
* [[HTDE.HTDE | HToday Digital Edition]]
* [[HTDE-MediaViewer/HTDE-MediaViewer | HTDE Media Viewer]]
* [[WebContent/]] # this is the one that should not appear.. but it does....
* [[Lexicon/Lexicon]]
* [[Cybertalks/Cybertalks]]
* [[MailLists.MailLists | Mail Lists Home]]
* [[XToDoSadhuTasks.000001-Notes | Mail Lists To Do]]

Site.Sidebar

'''All Projects:'''
(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo* list=group $g0=1
fmt="#jumpbox":)

"WebContent" group does *not* appear in this pull down list.. because I
have yet  not logged
in with the needed password

!! Active Projects

(:pagelist trail=Site.ActiveProjects fmt=#titlespaced:)

"WebContent" group *does* appear in this list, even though I have not
authenticated.
with the needed password to this group.

If I click on the link I will be asked for the password (proof that it
is indeed protected)

> Kathryn Andersen

skts