[pmwiki-users] Pagelists and Excluding Non-Existent Pages

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 17:20:12 CDT 2007

--- DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Tegan Dowling wrote:
> > On 7/25/07, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there a way to exclude non-existent pages from
> a pagelist result set?
> >>
> >> Specifically, I have a pagelist which shows all
> recently edited pages.
> >>
> >>    (:pagelist trail={$SiteGroup}.AllRecentChanges
> count=7 list=normal
> >> fmt=#MRU_All:)
> >>
> >> Using template:
> >>    [[#MRU_All]](:template

each:)[[{=$FullName}|{=$Groupspaced}-{=$Namespaced}]]
> | \
> >>    (:template

last:)[[{=$FullName}|{=$Groupspaced}-{=$Namespaced}]]\
> >>    [[#MRU_Allend]]
> >>

> > Instead of trail=, could you leave out any mention
> of groups or pages
> > (that gets you all, right?), and instead just have
> order=-time?
> >
> Not sure I follow you.
>
> Leaving out the Trail wouldn't get me to the
> AllRecentChanges though...?

Sure since the pages (the entire site) will be ordered
by -time (the most recent changes).  It's not very
efficient since it has to check the modified time for
every file on the site and then sort them (just to get
you 7 files)!

-Martin