[pmwiki-users] different behavior: local versus real

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 3 09:28:01 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:45:38AM +0200, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:
>    Using a webserver without  automatic backup, I backup my PmWiki myself and
>    to a localhost (with AbyssWebServer ,b.t.w.: very nice!). And using this
>    local copy too, to check if a new beta-version has conflicts. (The easy
>    things implemented by me gave no problems).
>
>    But now I realize (finally) that the systems behaves differently.
>
>    Editing a page in the localhost version I have to give the edit password
>    every time: means: for edit and for save command. With a consequence too,
>    that the sectionedit recipe does not show up.

Anytime you're repeatedly prompted for a password, it generally
means that PHP's session support isn't configured properly.
This is especially true on Windows environments, where PHP doesn't
have session paths properly set by default.

If running under windows, you might try adding the following
to local/config.php (above any other settings):

    session_save_path('C:\\TEMP');

See also http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting#multiplepwprompts .