[pmwiki-users] Simultaneous edit didn't work on concurrent click

Kar Leong kong at nps.edu
Mon Jun 4 16:37:43 CDT 2007

Hi,
  I was testing the simultaneous edit feature using 2 client workstations,
where I clicked on the save buttons of the 2 browsers at the same time.
However, PmWiki did not flag out the expected simultaneous edit warning
message on either of the browser. Instead, the two browsers both displayed one
of the two versions of the edit, and the other version just got lost.   But if
I click on the Save button one browser at a time, then I could see the
expected warning message saying someone has edited the text and so on... Am I
missing out something, or is the simultaneous edit function based on some
sorts of timing information, and if so, what is the granularity of the time
resolution?  I was doing this as part of the functional testing in my school's
lab wiki setup, where concurrent edit is an important criteria.

Regards,
Kar Leong