[pmwiki-users] recognizing read protection

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:45:43 CDT 2007

I can't speak for Laszlo for sure -- but I know what he asked for resembles
what I want:  does this page have a read-attribute set?

Because if this page does not have a read attribute set (not on the page's
?action=attr nor inherited from the group's GroupAttributes?action=attr),
then I want to know that at a glance, when I'm on the page as an admin.

Certainly, most of what I want to protect, I'll protect by placing in a
read-protected area.  But sometimes I'll want to read-protect a page within
an unprotected group. OR sometimes I may unprotect (read-attribute = nopass)
a page within a read-protected group, and it would be good for me, as an
admin, to see something right on the page that could alert me to the fact
that I'm looking at / working on such a page.

I've lived without this, and I can continue to do so, but Laszlo has asked
if there's any kind of condition that can be inquired about from within a
page to determine it's read-protection-status.  I'd use it if I knew about
it.  Is there such a thing?