[pmwiki-users] recognizing read protection

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:05:18 CDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:

> Tegan Dowling wrote:
> > I can't speak for Laszlo for sure -- but I know what he asked for
> > resembles what I want:  does this page have a read-attribute set?
> >
> > Because if this page does not have a read attribute set (not on the
> > page's ?action=attr nor inherited from the group's
> > GroupAttributes?action=attr), then I want to know that at a glance, when
> > I'm on the page as an admin.
> >
> > Certainly, most of what I want to protect, I'll protect by placing in a
> > read-protected area.  But sometimes I'll want to read-protect a page
> > within an unprotected group. OR sometimes I may unprotect
> > (read-attribute = nopass) a page within a read-protected group, and it
> > would be good for me, as an admin, to see something right on the page
> > that could alert me to the fact that I'm looking at / working on such a
> > page.
> >
> > I've lived without this, and I can continue to do so, but Laszlo has
> > asked if there's any kind of condition that can be inquired about from
> > within a page to determine it's read-protection-status.  I'd use it if I
> > knew about it.  Is there such a thing?
> >

> Is there a variable that can be displayed in the sidebar, and surrounded
> by (:if:) to only show if you've admin privileges?

Do you mean (:if  auth admin:) ?  I wasn't worrying about how to limit
display of the information about whether a page has a read-protection
attribute, figuring I'd deal with that once I know whether there even is a
way to get the attribute-existence information on the page.

But ...

(:if expr auth admin && pageattribute read :)
page has read-protection
(:if expr auth admin && ! pageattribute read:)
page does not have read-protection
(:ifend:)

Is that what you were getting at?