[pmwiki-users] Web/RSS Feeds

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 9 10:47:01 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 09:47:34AM -0400, Bob Koon wrote:
>    I'm trying to add a feed to my wiki (home wiki in a farm for now, I will
>    want to add other feeds later) and I don't get notifications in my
>    aggregator app and I'm not sure why.

What aggregator are you using?  Some aggregators key updates to the
urls in the feed, and since page urls don't change when there's an
update, the aggregator never notices.

In these cases we have to "trick" the aggregator into seeing a
different url every time a page is updated.  I think this can be done
with something like:

  $FeedFmt['rss']['item']['link'] = '{$PageUrl}?when=$ItemISOTime';

>    Also, once I get it working, will I need to change
>    anything once I set up the .htaccess?

You might -- you'll need your aggregator to be able to authenticate
itself with your webserver.  But that's really outside of PmWiki.  :-)

Let me know if the above fixes the problem you're seeing.