[pmwiki-users] Problem with utf & i18n (French accented characters)

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Jun 9 13:37:54 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> It would be very cool if we could find a good way to seamlessly
> convert existing iso-8859-1 and other sites to using utf-8
> (with the option to remain iso-8859-1 for those that want it).

convert a static page from a charset to an other is not that
difficult, but the problerm is the dialog between the computers
(PmWiki is on a server and the writer on an other). I have the same
problem when pasting text from my own (utf-8) computer to my LUG's
PmWiki config in vi. the LUG server is iso 8859-1, my computer is
utf-8, vi _IS_ utf-8 and the result is impredicable :-((

anyway, the future is utf-8...

jdd :-)
--
http://www.dodin.net