[pmwiki-users] sections

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 07:57:09 CDT 2007

Monday, June 11, 2007, 1:45:53 PM, Marguerite Floyd wrote:

> I installed the section edit recipe, so that I can "lock" the side bar from
> being edited by anyone except me.  But I can't see in the documentation or
> recipe itself where/how the page is divided, much less how to find the side
> bar specifically.  Is the side bar the very first section, or the last, or
> what?  The way I'm understanding my reading of the recipe is that sections
> are listed vertically.

You don't need section edit to protect the sidebar.
The sidebar is a wiki page: Site.SiteBar or group specific:
GroupName.SiteBar

Go to that page and add ?action=attr to the url in th ebrowser's
address bar. That will open the page attributes, where you can set a
password for 'edit'.

The layout which defines SideBar as part of the page is the skin's
tmpl template page. But you don't need to do anything there.

  ~Hans