[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 and WikiCalendar problem

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:47:42 CDT 2007

ThomasP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just catching up some weeks of pmwiki mail. With what you wrote my mail
> before seems to become outdated.
>
> On Tue, June 5, 2007 20:02, IchBin wrote:
>> IchBin wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if I mentioned this Thomas but as an 'admin' user there is no
>> security problem posting a formatted item to the WikiCalendar using the
>> (:wikilogbox:) markup. Guess this would rule out any non normalized page
>
> This is indeed quite good to know!!!
>
>> url. The problem is only with a regular user even though they have a
>> 'ed_Calendar.*' rule. I mean the format of the calendar days is
>> 'Calendar.yyyymmdd'.
>>

> I have tested that 'Calendar.20071111' matches 'Calendar.*' with the UA2
> functions, so no problems from the pattern check to be expected. It would
> thus indeed be very interesting to know where the problem stems from.
>
> Idea: put the ed_Calendar rule in another (GuestUsers) record and see
> whether things change.
>
> And: Please double check spelling of word 'Calendar' everywhere before
> going on looking for bugs.
>
> Thomas

I have doubled checked the rule and matching file name and this is
correct. I have this rule in a group for some users.  That is, it is
'Calendar.*' for rule 'ed_Calendar.*'. I think the rule is fine because
if I do not use the (:wikilogbox:) markup to add or update a calendar
date page I get no security error and works as designed..

Doing this with out the (:wikilogbox:) markup you do:

- Select a day on the visible calendar on the
'Calendar/Calendar' page. This opens or creates a calendar date page.
- Enter my text and save on that page and there is no problem.
- After this it displays on the visual calendar and by using the
(:thisweek:) markup.

If I take that rule out of this group I can not do what I just mentioned
above. So the rule is fine there is a one-to-one relationship by having
or not having that rule.

Seems that the problem is the interaction between the (:wikilogbox:) and
UserAuth2.

I'm still trying to find a good PHP debugger.

--
Thanks in Advance...          http://weconsulting.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA http://ichbinquotations.weconsulting.org