[pmwiki-users] potential conflict notice: WikiCalendar and publish

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Jun 12 10:47:31 CDT 2007

On Tue, June 12, 2007 17:25, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:19:37PM +0200, ThomasP wrote:
>> with the new Pmwiki publish functionality. There is quite a chance here
>> that this might develop into a conflict in the long run.
>
> Actually, I don't have any intent of creating ?action=publish in
> the core, so we're likely pretty safe.  This is also a case where
> "?action=publish" in WikiCalendar _far_ predates anything I ever
> did with publishing -- I believe it was first created in 2003
> (and perhaps even 2002).

Yes, I noted with relieve already that "publish" is for pmwiki a level
only, while it seems to be exclusively an action for WikiCalendar, so
currently (and as you now say: in future) it is ok.

>> b) to inform about what you have used such that the pmwiki commnunity
>> can
>> get aware of it. (A good page for actions is PmWiki.AvailableActions for
>> example, where all pmwiki actions but also (hopefully all) recipe
>> actions
>> are listed.)
>
> Also, a good idea, however, I'm not sure that recipe actions belong in
> PmWiki.AvailableActions.  I think I'd rather have a
> Cookbook.AvailableActions for that (and it could go ahead and
> list the core actions as well).

Having an extra page will be good. Should be promoted together with the
module guidelines. If Cookbook.AvailableActions is ready let me know - I
will move the recipe actions from PmWiki.AvailableActions there then
(quite some already). [Last sentence cleared - someone has done this
already.]

Thomas