[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 and EnableDrafts: whole site unreadable (was: UserAuth2 problems, whole site unreadable)

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Wed Jun 13 13:01:12 CDT 2007

On Mon, June 11, 2007 18:08, ThomasP wrote:
> On Thu, June 7, 2007 12:15, blues wrote:
>> i have a fresh PmWiki installation (beta54),
>> with a fresh UserAuth2 installation (stable5).
>> no other recipes or skins installed.
>>
>> i want to activate the draft capabiliites of PmWiki,
>> so i did:
>> $EnableDrafts = 1;
>> $EnablePublishAttr = 1;
>>
>> and, like suggested in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/UserAuth2/Help:
>>
>> $HandleAuth['publish']     = 'publish';
>> $UA2LevelToAbbr['publish'] = 'pb';
>> $UA2PageRelatedLevelAbbr[] = 'pb';
>>
>> to add the publish authorization level.
>>  from now on, as soon as i log in with admin after logging out
>> the whole site is unreadable (meaning that it asks password
>> for every page).

I have tried your setup, though with pmwiki beta56 and UA2 stable6
(versions not relevant according to the changelogs), but I can't reproduce
your result.

First of all, publishing with UA2 works as soon as the (above) three lines

$HandleAuth['publish']     = 'publish';
$UA2LevelToAbbr['publish'] = 'pb';
$UA2PageRelatedLevelAbbr[] = 'pb';

are added to the config and the respective user is actually granted that
level. So this part works as expected.

Then after I log out as admin, everything behaves normally.

Can you give more hints?

Thomas