[pmwiki-users] password protection not working

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Jun 14 10:59:21 CDT 2007

Roderick Dornan wrote:
> I cannot get the password protection of pmwiki working. Environment is
> Windows XP with Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2 and pmwiki 2.1.27.
> I have set the site admin password (and read and edit) in the config.php
> file and restarted apache. I have tried setting an individual page
> password. There is never a prompt for a password.

I don't recognize your name, so I'll assume you're starting from scratch.

Is config.php in the /local directory? The sample-config.php is (last I
checked) in a different directory by default.

Setting an individual page password should work, though.

Have you tried logging out fully, and closing your browser completely,
between setting the password and testing it? (Although I thought the
most recent version cleared everything after a password was changed, to
facilitate testing.)

If those don't work, ask again.

Sandy