[pmwiki-users] Group deletion

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:15:47 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Christophe David <pmwiki at christophedavid.org> wrote:

> Second try ;-)
>
> Considering the indexing, caching and the other optimizations, what is
> the best/most efficient way to delete all pages in a group in one
> operation while maintaining the related files up to date ?
>
> (ie: someting between deleting the page files directly and typing
> "delete" in every page of a group.)

Do you mean that you want to be able to delete a wikigroup from within the
wiki, or are you asking about all the steps that need to be taken to delete
a group and fully update the wiki to reflect the changes?

If the former, I don't believe you can; see
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DeletingPages where the question is asked, and
the answer is that one must delete ("simply delete") the page files from
wiki.d.

Searching http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/PITS for "delete" or "deletion", I
don't find any request for this feature.  You could add it.

If your question is more the latter -- what are all the steps to take to
refresh the pagelist, caches, etc? I agree with your other post, that it
would be good to have one page where this is spelled out.