[pmwiki-users] undelete recipe

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Thu Jun 21 00:44:47 CDT 2007

Ben Stallings wrote:

> * Recipe will work with the default PmWiki deletion scheme, where
> deleted pages are named Group.Name-del0123456, where 0123456 is a UNIX
> timestamp.
>
> * Deleted pages will continue to be hidden from unprivileged users.
>
> * Users with admin privileges will be able to pagelist (search) and view
> deleted records.  (Most likely I'll accomplish this with a new PageStore
> object.)
>
> I haven't decided on the process for restoring deleted records.  I guess
> I envision that when you edit a deleted record, its contents go into the
> editor for the _undeleted_ page... that is, if you edit
> Group.Name-del0123456, you will find yourself editing Group.Name, so
> that simply saving the changes will restore the page.  But then if a
> page with that name exists, the contents of the two will need to be
> merged, like two users edit the same page at once, so that you can
> resolve any discrepancies between the two versions before saving.
>
> Does that sound good?  Any suggestions about how I should go about it?
> Thanks in advance.  --Ben S.

I would like to be able to have a pagelist that listed the deleted pages that
correspond to a pagename. That way I could modify the default display for a
non-existent page to list all deleted pages that would have had that name.

It would also be good to have an action=undelete that would simply act as a
null-edit on the currently viewed (but deleted) page. That is, it would save
the currently viewed page as an undeleted one.