[pmwiki-users] back ups

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:22:38 CDT 2007

You want wiki.d/, uploads/, pub/skins/YourPreferredSkin/ and local at
the very minimum; everything you create. Beyond that, it's helpful to
have coobook/ as its contents is based on your local decision.
However, there is little overhead in ZIPping up everything.

What I have done in the past is create a cronjob that tars the
directory, then copies the tarball into the web root (always delete
the previous tarball before tarring, or you'll archive the earlier
tarball). Then, I could bookmark the URL of the tarball to pull it
down to my local machine. In reality, when I did that, another key
contributor to the website wget-ed the tarball, ensuring no
substantive loss of data.

On 6/22/07, Marguerite Floyd <mdfloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I want to do desktop backups of my site, do I have to copy everything or
> just some of the directories?  Which ones?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill