[pmwiki-users] Hypens in names for SEO

Gary Kopp geez4 at runbox.com
Fri Jun 22 10:46:40 CDT 2007

A strong search engine optimization recommendation is that a page's
"keywords" appear in the URL, meaning as part of the file name. Let's say I
have a wiki page with a title of "Explosive Device." A Google search, as one
example, is much more likely to find my page using the search "explosive
device" if the file name is "Explosive-Device" rather than
"ExplosiveDevice," even though the page contents will correctly contain the
terms "explosive" and "device," both in running text and in the title and
headings. You score extra points with the search engines if your keywords
appear in the file name, properly delimited (hyphenation works best). Google
et al. will treat "ExplosiveDevice" as one word, so it doesn't help the
page's ranking.

I've gone through the doc but I haven't been able to answer this for myself.
Is there some way to coerce PmWiki into hyphenating instead of "squishing"
page names?

--Gary Kopp