[pmwiki-users] Cluster: Cascading-Inherit GroupAttribute Passwords

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 27 17:23:16 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 10:14:42AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 07:19:07PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> >>I'm using Cluster. And just getting into access control over groups using
> >>PMwiki native password system only (no AuthUser)
[snip]

> >>thus it would appear that the Child groups are not inheriting
> >>the password entered for the cluster's matriarch group.

> >The way the GroupAttribute stuff works with Cluster is that it sets the
> >$GroupAttributesFmt variable, which tells PmWiki where to look for the
> >GroupAttributes page.
> >
> >The only other thing I can think of is if the password-checking is being
> >done before Cluster is called.
>
> I don't know... as a naive admin, I don't understand or grok entirely the
> load order. Here's the beginning of my FarmConfig.php
>
> <?php
>
> $FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://wiki.hindu.org/pmwiki/pub';
>
> $DefaultPasswords['admin'] ='******************';
> $DefaultPasswords['attr']='******************
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '******************
> $DefaultPasswords['forms'] = 'nopass';
>
> $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
>
> include_once('local/config.php'); ### <----- load wiki's customizations
>
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/cluster.php");
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/wsplus.php");
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/zap.php");
>
> $DefaultPasswords['forms'] = 'nopass';
>
> $Skin= 'fixflow';
> #$Skin= 'gemini';
> #$Skin= 'pmwiki';
>
> $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/{$Group}/{$FullName}');

Aha!  This could be the culprit!
You really need to set $WikiDir as early as possible, because it tells
everything where to look for the pages.

One of the things Cluster does in its setup is to check whether certain
pages exist.  But if you set $WikiDir *after* you call Cluster, then
Cluster will use the default value for $WikiDir and not the correct one.
So of course none of the GroupAttributes pages are found, because
Cluster is looking in the wrong place!

> $ZAPthreadstart = 1000;
>
> ############
> As can see I'm calling the local config.php first (as this solved some other
> problem we were having....)
>
> and local config has this at the start...
>
> $WikiTitle = 'Himalayan Academy Dev Wiki';
> $DefaultPage ='HAP.SevaWikiHome';
> $PubDirUrl = $FarmPubDirUrl;
>

> if (@$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) $AuthId = $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'];
>
> $EnablePathInfo = 1;
>
> so, in this set up... is password checking done first before Cluster is
> called?

Kathryn Andersen