[pmwiki-users] offline/online wiki synchronization and page merging with conflict resolution

Leo Razoumov slonik.az at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:37:54 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, Lukasz Stafiniak <lukstafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd just like to drop in with info, that `pmwiki-mode' will have 3-way
> graphical merge for edits. It will just pass the job to emerge of
> course (its local copy of the original, the changed version, and
> current version from server), so its only a matter of "function call"
> I hope.
> Sorry I don't have time now but I plan to implement this kind of
> feature this weekend. State your requirements and help us test it.
> (Disclaimer: `pmwiki-mode' still has many bugs now, but nevertheless
> should be a nice experience, use the CVS version from sourceforge. It
> doesn't provide conflict recognition yet, I'll work on it this
> weekend.)

Lukasz,
great if pmwiki-mode will support it. I will be quite happy with emacs
3-way merge functionality. But keep in mind that my wiki installations
(both online server and offline local copies of it) require read/write
password authentication. I tried pmwiki-mode in the past and could not
get passed the password prompt.
But I will happily reinstall pmwiki-mode and will be a willing "genie
pig" to test and debug new emerge functionality.

Thanks,
--Leo--