[pmwiki-users] Excluding results from earlier (:pagelist:)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:52:21 CST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> How about something like:
>
>    (:pagelist bloopsi fmt=none save=abc :)
>    (:pagelist whoopsi fmt=none save=def :)

Excellent, both 'fmt=none' and 'save=abc'?

>    (:pagelist list=abc,-def:)

Hmm... isn't 'list' already used?  Either way, 'list' is so generic. What
about
 	saved-search=abc,-def
or
 	saved=abc,-def
or
 	results=abc,-def

I'm not to happy with them either though.

> So, the first command finds pages containing 'bloopsi', saves that as
> 'abc'; the second command finds pages containing 'whoopsi', saves that
> as 'def', and the last command displays all of the pages in abc that
> aren't in def.

Yes.

> This has some possibilities (and doesn't seem too outrageous to
> implement) -- I'll think on it a while.

Just keep it for the future... my need isn't that big. This might get
quite a bit of use as it's a powerful mechanism, so it deserves serious
consideration.

/C