[pmwiki-users] Fwd: BlogSimple2 - for different users

Siegfried Hirsch siegfried.hirsch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:37:23 CST 2007

On 3/5/07, Siegfried Hirsch <siegfried.hirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/3/5, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com>:
>
> > I guess the most important question is, what exactly do you want to
> > happen when someone submits a comment?  Where should the comment go?
> > Do you want all the comments to be in one special group still
> > (PostComments) or do you want separate groups, like
> > PostCommentsSiegfried?
>
> Comments should go to the posting, where the comments belong to. So
> if the blog page is in (:BlogSiegfried:1:) for example, then comments should
> go to the same blog space.
>
> Using your recipe with only the (:Blog:1:) Blog, then everything works and
> the comments are in the same page.

Well, actually, the comments are stored in the PostComments group in a
page that corresponds to the blog post.  So, if the blog post is at
Trips/Milwaukee, then comments for this post are stored in a page
called PostComments/Trips-Milwaukee.  Keeping the comments separate
from the post is important for allowing comment RSS feeds as well as
lists of recent comments.

When you're viewing the post, it appears as though the comments are on
the same page because they are being included via the Site.SiteFooter.

I'm pretty sure either of the above methods would work for you.  Let
me know if you need more explanation.

Jon

--
Siegfried Hirsch