[pmwiki-users] Simple AJAX chat?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Mar 6 06:41:15 CST 2007

On 3/6/07, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
> > > If I had to rebuild the site, I would use http://www.phpfreechat.net/ now.
>
> > Luigi,
> > any chance you can take a look at 'integration' of phpfreechat and
> > pmwiki including user (automatic) authentication? It's a question, not
> > a demand ;-)
>
> Of course I would be willing!
> There is a problem, though: while I guess the matter is probably an
> easy one in itself, I personally happen to be the most unskilled one
> within this whole community.
> It would be better and safer for you if you could get an advice from
> somebody else.
> Here is why I "echo" your question to the list :-)
>
> That said, I'll try and look into it for you.
>
> Luigi

I may look into setting up a simple ajax chat system.  A friend in
Vancouver show me some scripts for doing stuff with ajax, and it
looked relatively doable.

My plan will be to build this into the zapchat module.  In fact, it
was because I wanted to use ajax I haven't updated my beta release of
zapchat yet.  So perhaps sometime in the next few weeks I'll take a
stab at it.

If anyone has experience doing simple ajax stuff, and would be
interested in working with me on this, I'd appreciate the expertise,
as it will be a new venture for me.

Cheers,
Dan