[pmwiki-users] Is the server IP address hardcoded in buttons and links

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:18:01 CST 2007

Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 7:01:51 PM, Prabhakar wrote:

> I installed pmwiki a few months ago internally for my small work group. The
> wiki grew to be used by more than 300 people within out org!! Last night the
> IP address of the server machine changed. All the links and buttons in
> PMWiki seem to have hardcoded IP addresses. Is this correct? Is there a way
> to change the IP address at one place? How do I migrate the whole Wiki to a
> different machine, seems like there should be a way to change the IP
> address.

Links and buttons etc are not hardcoded. In the skin tmpl file they
are usually referenced with $ScriptUrl (the url which will run
pmwiki.php), and the pub/ folder for file(s) available for browser
access (like skin css fiels, images etc.) with $PubDirUrl.

It will probably be enough to change $ScriptUrl and $PubDirUrl in
config.php, to reflect your new server urls.

for instance:
$ScriptUrl = 'http://example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://example.com/pmwiki/pub';

Setting these is not always necessary though, but sometimes it is to
help pmwiki.php find the right file locations.

Strangely there is no mention of this in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks

Hope this helps.

Hans