[pmwiki-users] List of Designers for Hire who use PmWiki

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Mar 9 08:41:16 CST 2007

Extracts from a hobby newsgroup:

A: You put your illustrated story up in Word format. I can't read it.
B: Oh, is Word format bad? It's the only way I could think of.

B: I'm so excited! I've hired a professional to design my new site! Will
I still have to learn HTML to put up my illustrated story?

(Her current site a paid Yahoo site.)

Anyone else out there biting their tongue?

Of course, I wanted to tell her, too late, "Contact one of the people on
the PmWiki list."

Is it worth (or advisable) to have a page on PmWiki.org of people who
create PmWiki sites for others?

Brainstorm of what to include:

* size and price (range). Do you prefer small hobby sites or
multi-nationals?
** include 1 year domain reg & hosting? Hobbiests don't know to ask.

* link to own site and portfolio

* usual fine print about PmWiki not actually approving any of these
desginers.

Sandy