[pmwiki-users] List of Designers for Hire who use PmWiki

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Fri Mar 9 09:20:56 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 09:12 -0600, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> Is "designers" the best term for this?  When I see "designers", I
> think of graphic designers first.  Of course, I don't know what would
> be better - I often use "web developer", but I suppose that can be
> misunderstood, too.  wiki developers?

I'd be tempted to think of "wiki developers" as people who work on the
actual wiki engines, as it were.

"Wiki designers" works quite well for the people who unzip the wiki in
place and then give it a unique look and feel, and so on.

Where that leaves people like me who skin the wiki to match a
pre-existing design, I'm not sure.... Skinning isn't really design, and
choosing useful add-ons from the cookbook isn't really development, but
maybe something almost but not quite in between?

Steve

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902