[pmwiki-users] Headers are not sending charset !

Athan foxx at freemail.gr
Sat Mar 10 09:43:53 CST 2007

I was trying to convert Greek translation from UTF-8 back to "ISO-8859-7"
(because of  many problems I had with utf-8 implementation in pmwiki).
Unfortunately pmwiki seems to ignore encoding stored in xlpage-i18n. It
isn't included neither in http header, nor in html Content-Type meta.

Btw even pmwiki.org seems not to send any encoding header, except with
UTF-8. In that case, header is send from xlpage-utf-8.php, but what about
the rest encodings (ISO-8859-XX)?

I can include charset info in skin but that's not the case. If my memory
serves me well, in the past pmwiki used to send the encoding stored in
xlpage-i18n.

Anybody has an idea why that happens?

Athan