[pmwiki-users] Headers are not sending charset !

Athan foxx at freemail.gr
Mon Mar 12 02:22:02 CDT 2007

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:20070311231003.GF1629 at host.pmichaud.com...
> If you could save me the trouble of identifying the specific PITS
> pages for each of these... I may be able to see about solving some of
> these (e.g., case-insensitive utf-8 searches) while I'm in the process
> of cleaning up i18n in general.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00682
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00503
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00703

The worst problem for a documentation tool such as pmwiki it the searching
case sensitivity issue. In a university intranet I'm using pmwiki to publish
more than 8.000 pages of text (ancient Greek literature indexes). Students
complain that they have to search using the exact case to be able to find
all text occurrences. I'm sure you understand the problem.

As already told before, there are many other issues with utf-8, most of them
with reciepts. Given the fact that most reciepts use single byte regex,
utf-8 issues is something expected. However I know that you cannot do
anything for that, except maybe consider using utf-8 as the single-one
default encoding for pmwiki core.

Athan