[pmwiki-users] deleting ptv's in ZAP

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Mar 12 20:59:33 CDT 2007

I've been exploring reworking ZAP's engine for PTV's and have it
seemingly working about as easily as I expected.  Had a rather
confusing bug at first, but that seems to have been cleared after a
PmWiki upgrade.  I'm really excited about the possibilities.

One thing that confronts me is how to erase PTV's... Currently when you do:

(:input hidden save "field1,field2,field3":)

those three fields are saved and all other existing fields are
automatically erased.

The new approach simply writes over fields 1, 2, and 3, and leaves all
other fields standing.  Maybe that's better.  And it is easy enough to
set a value to null.  But I think I'm probably going to want to add
something like:

(:input hidden delete "field1,field2,field3":)

This will simply delete all traces of those fields...  Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Dan