[pmwiki-users] Locked .pageindex

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 09:48:54 CDT 2007

On 3/14/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 02:22:09PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> > Our publicly available pmwiki site is not directly editable. We edit
> > it locally and then automatically synchronize changed files via FTP.
> > It works perfectly with one exception - .pageindex file is sometimes
> > locked so I have to copy it manually in indirect way.
>
> Better would be to simply remove .pageindex altoghether whenever
> you perform the FTP synchronization.  PmWiki will then automatically
> build a new .pageindex.

Good idea. I'll do it this way.

I compared more then a year old .pageindex with freshly created one
and noticed that old .pageindex contains lot of pages that no longer
exist - deleted pages and draft pages. Deleted pages are just listed,
draft pages contain page keywords. It does not seem to be a problem
from user point of view (search does not return these pages) but
shouldn't these pages be deleted completely from .pageindex? Or at
least, shouldn't be draft pages deleted  with clearing of keywords in
.pageindex?

Roman