[pmwiki-users] newbie question re sidebar

Terry Lavender wetcoast at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:59:20 CDT 2007

apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious. I just set up
a pmWiki today for my organization - the West End Residents
Association - wiki.werabc.ca (sorry, it's password protected) and I'm
trying to tweak the sidebar so that it shows the page titles within
the groups without repeating the group titles in the list and also
including subpages indented from the main page.

the code I'm using is:

%sidehead% [[Main/HomePage | WERA Wiki]]
(:pagelist fmt=#bygroup list=normal group=-PmWiki,-Site :)
%sidehead%External Links
* [[http://www.wera.bc.ca | WERA Home Page]]
%sidehead% [[PmWiki/PmWiki]]
* [[PmWiki/Basic Editing]]
* [[PmWiki/Documentation Index]]
%right% [-[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | edit SideBar]]-]

and the output it's generating is: (screenshot is also attached)

Administrative /

    Administrative - why is the group title repeated? can this be
removed?
    Mar2007Agenda - can it read March 2007 Agenda - the title, rather
than the name?
    Mission

Main /

    HomePage
    WikiSandbox

People /

    People
    Terry

Projects /

    BuildingCitiesForPeople
    Nelson
    Pedestrian
    Projects
    Washroom (note - this is a subpage off of Nelson - I would like
it to appear under "Nelson" and indented)

External Links

     * WERA Home Page

PmWiki

     * Basic Editing
     * Documentation Index

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I like pmWiki -
it's great software. I've used mediaWiki but I find this is much more
versatile and easier to set up - except for this pesky sidebar issue.

Terry Lavender