[pmwiki-users] i18n updates

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Mar 17 12:23:30 CDT 2007

Tom Lederer wrote:

[...]

>However in the light of the discussion from the thread "utf inclusion
>- odd behavior." i would like to ask if there is a way of finding out
>which pages are not part of the documentation but are rather a part
>of the localization.

IMO there can't be a (definite) answer, it's a matter of taste.

There are several entry points to localized pages in a XLPage:

{$SiteGroup}/EditQuickReference
{$SiteGroup}/UploadQuickReference
{$SiteGroup}/Search
{$Group}/RecentChanges
{$SiteGroup}.PageNotFound

These pages link to several documentation pages in the PmWiki/ group:
BasicEditing, TextFormattingRules, DocumentationIndex, Tables,
TableDirectives. PageLists. Uploads.

Even if you remove DocumentationIndex, these pages link to 26 other
pages (pages in current distribution).

But some pages listed in DocumentationIndex are also essential...

So you have to define where to stop.

>As a reminder: i would prefer not to have the documentation online.

"online" meaning "in your Wiki"?

Why not?

>So i will delete the files from (in my case) PmWiki and PmWikiDe (and
>earlier all other PmWiki*) Groups which have no functional purpose.
>(English files are in Site group luckily.)
>
>So is there a file or a command where i can see from which files are
>processed (like Quick Edit Reference and so on...)?

I made several cross references to get an idea of the structure. You
might be interested in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/DocumentationXref

This list can also be used as a starting point for a better
organization and separation of pmwiki.org contents and the pages in
the distribution. I still think that pages for the distribution should
be marked some way.

Oliver