[pmwiki-users] PmWiki forum...

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:14:38 CDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

>> I think at least for questions like these there should be a searchable
>> forum for people to ask questions and get answers.
>
> Forums are bad for this, it's way better to discuss/ask question on a
> mailing list and summarize the answers to some kind of wiki ... perhaps
> we could use some wiki software to do this, does anyone know of one that
> would work?

Funny you should mention this. I just finished summarizing a thread on a
wiki page. I used this wiki called PmWiki, have you heard about it? :-)

On the more serious side, I've found it useful to add a link to the thread
in question as a reference. This means that someone reading the summary,
can also go to the thread and check if additional posts have been added
since the summary was last modified.

Oh, I should also mention that it's very convenient to use intermap
prefixes. At wiki.lyx.org, I basically just use
 	LyXThreadDevel:70420

to refer to post number 70420 (yes, there are quite a few posts on that
list..., although this one isnt' that far behind. Jan's post was number
40000 something according to the way gmane count things)

/Christian