[pmwiki-users] php 5.2.1 problem (serious)

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 18 12:01:52 CDT 2007

My service provider just upgraded to php version 5.2.1 (good), which
seems to be related to some rather complex pmwiki pages not rendering (bad).

I can see all the wiki text in edit, but this text does not render.
Instead the rendered page is blank of content. (The "wikitext" element
in the rendered page is empty.)

There are at least three pages that I have identified so far that have
the problem, and the common characteristic is that they are large.
However there is one page which is also large that *does* render, so it
may be a combination of size and complexity.

I have experimentally reduced size (amount of wiki text) in one of the
pages that does not render, and there is a specific point at which it
renders  when I remove a paragraph. There are no embedded instructions
in the final text that I remove to cross the threshold of renderin. If I
add a plain paragraph at the beginning or end of this page then the page
again disappears. So it appears to be some kind of resource over-run issue.

Some kind of an array over-run? String length issue? PHP setting of some
kind?

This is obviously a critical problem, so if anyone has run into
something like this I would be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks,

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann