[pmwiki-users] Attachment handling enhancement request

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:17:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a wiki where I was used to store attachments using the default
policy, ie. having them shared between all pages belonging to the same
group with the default setting of:

(local/MyRegularGroup.php)

  $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group';

Now, I have (at least one) group of pages where each of them would
have their own set of attachement. This is easily done by setting:

(local/MySpecificGroup.php)

  $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$FullName';

in the related group configuration pages. But, I'm now stuck with the
fact that there isn't any way to refer to attachments from one group
into another.

Couldn't we have $UploadPrefixFmt customization be improved to
something similar to that is available via $PagePathFmt? I'm
suggesting here to use a $UploadPrefixPathFmt array where:

* only the 1st element would be used as the prefix when uploading.
* all the elements would be used sequentially as a potential prefix
when computing download links.

Therefore, I could define:

(local/MyRegularGroup.php)

  $UploadPrefixPathFmt = array('/$Group', '/$FullName');

(local/MySpecificGroup.php)

  $UploadPrefixPathFmt = array('/$FullName', '$Group');

to enable cross-group attachments to work.
Should I open a PITS entry about this?

Regards,
Dom