[pmwiki-users] Question about wikidir.d

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue Mar 20 17:28:39 CDT 2007

>> Your understanding of how things are supposed to work is correct --
>> PmWiki doesn't write to files in the wikilib.d/ directory, but
>> instead creates a new copy of the page in wiki.d/ (and uses that
>> in preference to the wikilib.d/ page).  So, if PmWiki is modifying
>> the file in wikilib.d/ somehow, then yes there's something odd
>> happening here.
>>
>>> When I delete the AuthUser lines and repeated the experiment, a file was
>>> created in wiki.d as expected.
>>>
>>> Why would the behaviour be different?
>> I don't know -- it shouldn't be any different.  There must be
>> something else going on here.  I can set up a test on pmwiki.org
>> if it would help.
>
> I'll do a fresh download to local next week and try again. (Very hectic
> week.)

Grabbed a few moments after dinner.

Grrrr, can't get a repeat. Didn't do a fresh install, but did rename
cookbook and config.php to get clean try. Worked my way back up to
as-was, and it's working fine. Sorry about the false alarm, I'll let you
know if it repeats.

Sandy
PS it was 2.2.0-beta35, if that makes any difference at this point.