[pmwiki-users] Triad Skin Update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 08:14:03 CDT 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 10:51:59 AM, Hans wrote:

> Hans,

> Thanks for this skin. It solved so many problems for my website.
> I really hope PM considers to add some of your ideas to the core. Like
> te popup-preview option. This makes the editing much more dynamic and
> logical. But it would be nice if the preview button and close preview
> button would be on the same place of is the same button. When doing a
> quick scan, I have to "search" for the close preview button. I hope
> it's clear what I ask.

Yes. Someone pointed out a way to do that. I have to check it up and
test it.

> Also the choice of adding a wiki-page of every part of a skin should
> be standard, to my opinion. It's much more logical from a
> non-techie-users-point of view. And I checked that with some students.
> They understand right away, without having any knowledge of
> programming.

I started calling these 'subpages'. I wonder if this terminology may
catch on.

> the selection of (:theme blabla:) is nice. I put it in a groupheader
> and tadaa. Could it be possible to chose for border or wide?, like
> (:theme gold border:)

I am thinking of adding another markup directive for doing skin
related config settings on the page. Perhaps like
(:triad color=blue layout=border :)
This can be expanded to use various parameters.

> I tried to add an extra link in the PageTopMenu:
> [[{$Group}|$[{$Group}.fali.nl]]]. It works, but  could someone help me
> to let it not show when Main or Site are the groups? I know it should
> be an (:if:) thingie, but an example would be great for my learning.

(:if group -Main,-Site:)*[[{$Group}|$[{$Group}.fali.nl]]](:if:)

Greetings from Hans to Hans ;)
Hans