[pmwiki-users] leading spaces switch for 2.2.0 (somewhat important)

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:49:08 CDT 2007

I for one like this move. I like using Markdown markup so I authored a
recipe that allows integration of the two syntaxes (usually by
converting Markdown to PmWiki before PmWiki processes. It's been a few
moons, but I recall having to short circuit the leading-whitespace
logic so I could get Markdown to work (although Markdown uses four
spaces or one tab to create a <pre> block). I like to use both in
tandem because I like to eat my cake and have it, too.

I think using the [@ @] works as a preferred alternative, but without
the "escaped" class designation. Perhaps use [@@ @@] For code blocks,

In terms of preventing over-long lines, I would recommend the trusted
"overflow: auto;" CSS, which creates a scroll bar when the text width
exceeds the block width.

pre {  overflow: auto; }

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill